I implemented a Google Custom Search to an existing site – but needed to build it in to an existing search box, so needed to add the Gogole background logo into my search box if it was empty, and have it dissapear on click, etc…..
If you want an incremented row number returned from your query, based on the number of rows, it’s easy in Oracle, I know, but its not too hard in MySQL either.
A while ago I wrote my own RSS reader. It wasn’t that hard. But, occasionally you stumple across code like this example below that does the same thing as yours does, but sort of puts yours to shame. (Well, my version is about 3 years old now…).
So I cut down the original class and kept the bits I needed – and transferred all my implementations to the new method. Nothing changed on the front end, but I learnt a lot…